Cook time1 Hour 15 Minutes
Veal tongue with salsa verde is a very simple dish, but id requires high quality meat.
When buying the meat, make sure it is a pink color, elastic and quite soft (but no too soft).
This recipe requires you to boil the meat. Before boiling it, rub the meat with some salt, this will take out any excess impurities, then rinse with tap water. Place the tongue in fresh water, between 3 and 12 hours, changing the water frequently.
- 400 gr of Veal Tongue cleaned
- 1 stick of Celery
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 tearspoon of Pepper Black
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch of parsley fresh
- 200 gr of Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- s.q. Salt
- Let the meat boil along with the celery, carrot, onion and black pepper. Drain it, let cool, and eliminate skin and fat. Cut in thin slices.
- Blend together the garlic, olive oil, parsley and salt, until you reach a consistency you like. This will be the sauce you will put on top of the veal tongue.